Movies & TV app won't save settings

Having an issue with the Movies & TV app in Windows 10 Home.

The main issue is the volume setting will not save but it applies to other persistent settings such as the repeat function.

I asked MS support about it and they told me to reset the app and I did so. This did nothing except make the volume stick at 100% every time I open it instead of 30% where it was stuck before.

It is as if the settings file is read only or something, Not sure what caused this problem but does anybody know of a way to solve it?

Solution
Try making a new local account, make it admin and don't link it to your Microsoft email address, just curious if your user is corrupt - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/instantanswers/5de907f1-f8ba-4fd9-a89d-efd23fee918c/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-10

if it works, its easy enough to give it full access to old users documents. LOg onto old user and in C/users/username folder, copy contents of old user folder onto new one. Then just need to set up logins to steam, Onedrive (if you use it) and browsers. Takes about 5 minutes.,
So I reinstalled windows and still no dice. It is the weirdest thing because it was saving the volume level upon exiting then it suddenly started sticking at 30% when opening it. Which is what I want sometimes. Other times I want it to stay muted for example when reviewing recorded game footage.

But yeah even reinstalled Windows and it is still broken. Switched to media player classic for now, tried VLC first but it is just so bad still. I would rather just use the inbuilt app if anybody knows how to make it work like it used to.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try making a new local account, make it admin and don't link it to your Microsoft email address, just curious if your user is corrupt - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/instantanswers/5de907f1-f8ba-4fd9-a89d-efd23fee918c/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-10

if it works, its easy enough to give it full access to old users documents. LOg onto old user and in C/users/username folder, copy contents of old user folder onto new one. Then just need to set up logins to steam, Onedrive (if you use it) and browsers. Takes about 5 minutes.,

Solution
I just came here to tell the story of what happened and you posted the solution.

I contacted Microsoft about a different issue where the search from the start menu wasn't working properly. Turns out my account was indeed corrupted. So we deleted the old account and made a new local one and it fixed the search issue and the app issue. Then I linked to my MS account and all is well.

Very strange stuff, never occurred to me to check if my account was corrupted. I think it is because I am still used to the old system of local accounts only.

But yeah had to make a new account then relink it.