Can you change the recommended Resolution on a Laptop

HEYFANTA

Honorable
Apr 30, 2015
Hey All.

I have a Lenovo B51-80LM which has its recommended resolution set to 125%. That means that I can choose between setting it to 125% and having windows graphics being what you get on other laptops at 100% resolution but with all programs aoutomatic upscaled to 125% or having it set to 100% with all programs looking normal but with all windows graphics, like the processbar, being so small its hard to even see the clock (do not have bad sight)

What I want is having the windows graphics like it is at 125% which is what I have at 100% on my Acer laptop, but with all programs not upscaled, so they dont look all smutched.

Is it possible to either make 100% resolution the recommended instead of 125% or stop windows from forcing all programs to scale to 125% ?

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
You can try this:
Control Panel > Display > on "Change only text size" dropdown menu change everything except "message box" and "palette titles" to your desired value.
See if it can solve your problem. :)

HEYFANTA

Honorable
Apr 30, 2015
Thats the setting im talking about. its set to 125% as recommended and set to 100% its too small.

I need a way to make the 100% into what 125% actually looks like when it comes to windows graphics, but still having programs not upscaling.

I need a way to make the 100% into what 125% actually looks like when it comes to windows graphics, but still having programs not upscaling.

You can do it only for individual programs by using this way:
Right click the executable file of the program (.exe) > click properties > click on compatibility tab > select "disable display scaling on high DPI" > click "OK".

At this time, there is no way change it globally with one settings, you have to do it one by one. We hope MS fixed it.

HEYFANTA

Honorable
Apr 30, 2015

Can it be done the other way around. Set the resolution to 100% but upscaling the windows elements without changing the resolution itself?

What do you mean by "resolution" in this context, you make me confused :D
Did you mean native resolution of your laptop display?

There is no need to set the resolution to scale your display, just leave it on it's native resolution.
If you set your resolution to 100% (1920x1080, I assume it's your display native resolution) and you feel that all the windows and icons look small and not scaled proportionally, then you just need to change the DPI scaling of your display.

HEYFANTA

Honorable
Apr 30, 2015

Its on win10, so I dont even know how to change the native resolution.

Its the "Text, App and other elements" setting in the screensettings I mean. If that is set to 100 all icons and the process bar is really small.

HEYFANTA

Honorable
Apr 30, 2015

I can only pic 100% or 125%. Its either setting it to 125% with the processbar looking fine with all programs being blured or setting it to 100% and having all programs looking fine but with the processbar being insanely small......

HEYFANTA

Honorable
Apr 30, 2015

But it's not blurry texts, its because all programs is scaled up to 125?

Don't misunderstand me, but am I unclear in my desciption of the problem. Seems like its not all clear what I mean.

But it's not blurry texts, its because all programs is scaled up to 125?

Don't misunderstand me, but am I unclear in my desciption of the problem. Seems like its not all clear what I mean.

I'm not misunderstanding you, but if you feel it is, I'm sorry.
Let me understand you and make this thing straight.

You scale the display to 125%, and you got the results you want except all the programs being messed up and blurry.
And you scale it back to 100%, everyhting back to normal, there are no blurry programs at all. But the interface is so small like the titlebar, process bar, taskbar and etc...
Then you want the UI or the interface to scale at 125% but having programs scaled at 100%.

Is this right?

Best Regrards.
Althof.

HEYFANTA

Honorable
Apr 30, 2015

yes, that's right. And I would prefer 100% so I only have to change the lok of the windows graphics instead of changing every program seperatly :)