Windows 10 Multiple BSOD's in short time frame

SpecialEdmonson

Prominent
May 22, 2017
Im going to start by saying this is the single most frustrating 2 weeks of my life when it comes to computers.

I use my PC mostly for gaming. I have run Windows 10 since last summer when the free upgrade deal was still active and I had been using it with no problems ever since. About 2 weeks ago, I decided to upgrade my hardware (CPU, RAM, and MOBO). Current hardware is as follows.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1800x
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
MOBO: ASUS Prime X370-Pro
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000 (PC4-24000) C15
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB ( I use this as a boot drive)
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
WiFi Card: TPLink PCI Express Adapter TL-WDN4800.

When I installed the new stuff (CPU, RAM, MOBO) my computer worked fine for about a week. I let Windows handle all of the Driver installation for my hardware save the GPU, which I use GeForce Experience for. I thought all of the drivers were working properly given my ability to use the computer without issue for an entire week.

After about a week of use, I got a BSOD (error code 0xc000021a). It said it would restart my computer for me, which it did, but all it accomplished in doing so was throwing my into a infinite reboot sequence as several different BSOD errors popped up over and over again. After several cycles of that I went onto my laptop to look for a fix, but I was unable to find an adequate fix due to my computer crashing halfway through every attempt. I was also unable to revert to a previous backup on my windows because every time I tried to it would tell me it was "unable to finish the process". I tried booting in safe mode, which did nothing and ended in the same 0xc000021a BSOD. I am going to list every BSOD error I got during this time here:

0xc000021a
unexpected_kernel_mode_trap
bad_pool_header
system_service_exception
page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
bad_system_config_info
critical_process_died
0xc0000139
critical_structure_corruption

After trying literally everything I could find on Google, I went to Microsoft Tech Support to see if they could wrap their heads around it. They were for the most part unhelpful but they did show me how to create a windows installation media on a flashdrive, which I then used to install Windows on my HDD. Once Windows was successfully on my HDD, I formatted my SSD before reinstalling Windows on said SSD. I thought that this would fix all my problems by forcing my computer to reinstall in a fresh state. After doing this, my computer worked for about a week. Last night, before going to bed I jumped on my computer and booted it up to check my email, facebook, etc... when I got another BSOD error (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED as well as SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE a few minutes later). Upon reboot, it started into the same infinite boot sequence from last week. I decided I wasnt going to deal with that late at night, so I slept on it and this morning the problem persisted.

Now I am at a loss. I dont know what to do next. My hardware is undamaged physically, I have run the Windows Memory Diagnostic (no problems with my RAM that it could detect), and I have run the useless windows Auto Repair system. I thought the issue was driver related, but even after a clean install of windows, I still find my computer blue screening after some time has passed. Please help me.

UPDATE: I have once again formatted both of my drives and reinstalled Windows onto my SSD. I went through the install process and got through to desktop. Now that I am here, I want to make sure everything will remain stable and I especially want to avoid the possibility of another Blue Screen epidemic sometime in the future. I am running a Windows Memory Diagnostic scan as I type this, but what else should I do to make sure everything is up to date and wont die on me in the next week or two?

Solution
don't let windows install drivers, or should I say, don't rely on it to get the best ones. Visit the Asus web site for motherboard and make sure you have latest BIOS and drivers. On a new model board the BIOS update could reduce the errors.

Colif

Win 11 Master
don't let windows install drivers, or should I say, don't rely on it to get the best ones. Visit the Asus web site for motherboard and make sure you have latest BIOS and drivers. On a new model board the BIOS update could reduce the errors.

Solution