Razer Blade 14 (newest edition, FHD) has resolution issues on some apps.

IveFallenAndICantGetUp

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2016
Some apps are clear as day, and other apps (like Steam for example) are very blurry and you can see the pixels in the fonts and pictures. It's not a deal breaker, but it is very annoying... I don't know what the deal is.

Solution
Please use google before asking questions. This is the last time I'm going to explain this to anyone on this sub.
1. Blade 14" is NOT 4k. it's QHD+ (3200x1800)
2. The "blur" you're describing is your OS trying to scale apps that were NOT designed to run at higher resolution (like LOL launcher). Think of it this way: developers assumed your screen is 1920x1080 with a specific DPI and the app thinks 1pixel is 1 pixel. But Blade has a much higher DPI, and now 1 pixel is 4 pixels. The app says "I ain't handling that" and OS tries to scale it by itself, resulting in ugly pixels. Nothing you can do except join others in forums of the specific game/app and demand proper dpi/scaling support - see this post. Additionally, "blur" is a...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Please use google before asking questions. This is the last time I'm going to explain this to anyone on this sub.
1. Blade 14" is NOT 4k. it's QHD+ (3200x1800)
2. The "blur" you're describing is your OS trying to scale apps that were NOT designed to run at higher resolution (like LOL launcher). Think of it this way: developers assumed your screen is 1920x1080 with a specific DPI and the app thinks 1pixel is 1 pixel. But Blade has a much higher DPI, and now 1 pixel is 4 pixels. The app says "I ain't handling that" and OS tries to scale it by itself, resulting in ugly pixels. Nothing you can do except join others in forums of the specific game/app and demand proper dpi/scaling support - see this post. Additionally, "blur" is a wrong word here.
3. Motion blur is pretty bad on QHD+ Blades. You get more pixels, nicer image, but it simply can't refresh that fast. You'll get used to it - but it will never be as good as a standalone screen
4. Scaling - same as the "blur". Some devs simply don't care and there's nothing wrong with the laptop. All you can do is change resolution or try toggling between Fullscreen and windowed fullscreen - you might have to restart the game before cursor goes to the correct size.
5. Your last point might be fixed by fiddling with Intel scaling setting, but again, depends on the game if it'll work or not. See this post
Example: Photoshop. CS5 scales badly. Photoshop CC has all of those issues fixed.
Again, there is nothing wrong with the laptop. It's badly written apps you're using
EDIT: For apps that simply look too small or otherwise broken it's, again, the fault of developers and it's good to try this guide. It won't work on games though

https://www.reddit.com/r/razer/comments/50ujb5/razer_blade_2016_4k_graphics_are_so_blurry/

Solution