Computer virus on windows 10 - unable to login at boot - keyboard disabled

vSoaker

Reputable
May 11, 2017
it all started when I downloaded and installed the android emulator andy-roid, the were tonnes of virus I was able to detect and remove manually, after that I ran the free version of AVG and everything came up clean, so I decided to restart my computer to be on the safe side and I noticed that then I booted into the windows login screen that I was unable to type I wasn't even able to enable NUMBLOCK, but I was able to use my mouse, I have tried restarting my computer and changing the ports on my computer that the keyboard is plugged into but its no use.
Thanks in advance.

PC Specs
MB: Gigabyte x370A Gaming 5
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 OC edition
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
CASE: NZXT S340 Elite black
PSU: EVGA 750G
COOLER: Corsair H100i V2
HDD: WD Blue 2tb
SSD: Samsung 850 evo 240Gb

Solution
If there's a Windows virus preventing your keyboard from working, it doesn't become active until Windows actually starts up. Only a BIOS virus would prevent your keyboard from working at the initial POST. Have you tried accessing your BIOS before it loads Windows?

Since Windows 10 apparently disables by default the old F8 method for accessing Safe Mode with Networking, you'll need to use your original Windows 10 installation disc (or, if you upgraded from Windows 10, use the Windows 10 Recovery Disc that you created). Instructions on how to use the Recovery/Installation Disc to set your PC to allow for the F8 option to boot into Safe Mode are here...

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador
If there's a Windows virus preventing your keyboard from working, it doesn't become active until Windows actually starts up. Only a BIOS virus would prevent your keyboard from working at the initial POST. Have you tried accessing your BIOS before it loads Windows?

Since Windows 10 apparently disables by default the old F8 method for accessing Safe Mode with Networking, you'll need to use your original Windows 10 installation disc (or, if you upgraded from Windows 10, use the Windows 10 Recovery Disc that you created). Instructions on how to use the Recovery/Installation Disc to set your PC to allow for the F8 option to boot into Safe Mode are here (http://www.pcworld.com/article/2984712/windows/how-to-enter-windows-10s-safe-mode.html).

As a last resort, you can always use the Installation/Recovery Disc to reinstall/repair your Windows 10 installation.

Solution