What would you recommend me to buy for 50€?

0r4ngenm4ul

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
Hello community,
I plan to "upgrade" my PC because I'll get some money for my birthday. I know that you can't really upgrade your PC components with that budget, so I'm asking you because there's always peripherals that you need. Oh, and because I'm already asking in the PC Gaming forum, if I should spend all on games.

Here is what could need an upgrade:
Keyboard: Logitech Y-BP62a --> f. ex. Cougar 200K
Case: CM Force 500 --> f. ex. Corsair SPEC-02
PSU: FSP Raider 550 --> ?
Graphics card (would have to be used): GT 740 --> ?
Controller: none --> Thrustmaster GPX

While writing this, changing the keyboard, the case or buying a controller seems most useful to me.

I play GMod, NFS:MW, and GTA IV.

I tolerate little price changes (max. 60€)

PS: I guess controller will win (I mean, this is the Gaming forum so...)

Tbh save up and give your pc a good upgrade as a gt 740 is a pretty bad card to game on. You can't run newer games with it anymore unless you go extremely low.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Can you post your full system spec?

I wouldn't suggest replacing the case, nor would I the GPU with that budget..... whether the PSU makes sense depends more on what it's powering.

If you don't already have an SSD, that would be where I'd lean - it'll feel like a whole new system if you're currently running an HDD.

How does your current keyboard work for you? Any problems? If not, I'd just keep it. If so, please elaborate. You might simply think a new keyboard will solve the issue, when infact, any problems may be fairly common of 'cheap' keyboards.

Controller..... would you actually use it? Or are you a KB/M kinda gamer?

0r4ngenm4ul

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
Hey guys, first, thanks for replying.

@jasilon: I know that the 740 is weak for gaming, but it is enough for me, because I don't spend money for new AAA titles, so I don't really need a new graphics card. I should have left that point out.

@Barty1884: Where can I download these speeds ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jokes aside, I already have a SSD, yes, totally excited with it (850 EVO).
The PSU isn't really overclock-friendly according to the PSU tier list, but it seems to be enough for my build
FX 6300/GT 740/Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
2x8GB DDR3@1600 Crucial/SSD+HDD
FSP RAIDER 550/CM Force 500

I would need a new keyboard since I don't feel comfortable with the loudness of the keyboard and I would like to have backlighting.

The controller would be used for racing games mostly such as NFS Most Wanted or The Crew. Actually the other games too to get the console feeling.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Given what you're describing then, a KB &/or controller sound like good purchases for you.

The Logitech F310 is a fairly well reviewed controlle,r and a Refurb is available from Newegg @ $17
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIACB95J87563&cm_re=logitech_gamepad-_-9SIACB95J87563-_-Product

The Cooler Master Devastator II bundle is $25 currently, in a few different colours.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129045&cm_re=keyboard-_-23-129-045-_-Product

Or, if you could push the budget a bit, the Corsair Gaming K55 RGB keyboard looks to be a pretty solid offering:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816083&cm_re=keyboard-_-23-816-083-_-Product

0r4ngenm4ul

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
Thank you for the answers! I appreciate your support. So I have concluded that I'm going to raise my budget and buy both the controller and the keyboard/mouse bundle (which is a lot cheaper in the US though, here it's around 40€ = 45$).

0r4ngenm4ul

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
Sorry for the late answer Barty. Germany. The Devastator II bundle looks good, it's available in Germany for 30€, sorry for that, I'm used to just looking for things on Amazon (however on Amazon shipping is free). Just don't know if it's worth buying this or a cheap mechanical keyboard, the AUKEY KM-G8 with Outemu switches. That's 40€, however without shipping. AUKEY keyboards have a fairly good reputation in the US, at least on Amazon.com.

0r4ngenm4ul

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016

Too late lol. I bought the Thrustmaster GPX and the AUKEY keyboard for 60€. I'm satisfied with both, and as response to your question, the GPX controller is said to be a direct modification of the Xbox 360 controller, just having better analog sticks.

Thread can be closed.