Blue screen when SSD reach 50°C

Kukuskas

Honorable
May 23, 2017
Hello,
I have a problem, with my notebook. When the SSD (Sandisk ultra II 240GB) reach 50°C Windows crash to blue screen (Critical_process_died) It happends to me, only if the SSD reach this temperature. Before I used it with cooling pad and there aren't any problem. And Now I want to figure out, how to solve it. I think, that this is some thing, thet guard the system of the bad HDD, but SSD can reach even 70°C and it's ok for it. (Not in my case.
I don't know, how to solve it, please help me.

(When the SSD "overheat" CPU and GPU is only on 55 and 44°C and at 4-15% fan is almost doesn't work. And it's only happend, if I use SSD up to 100% and without cooling pad.)

Thank you.

Solution
Yikes. That definitely seems like a problem with the drive. I would back up everything you need from it and contact the manufacturer for an RMA replacement.
That seems very odd. The drive should have no problem running at 50C, even for prolonged periods of time. Obviously, the goal is to keep the drive as cool as possible, but bluescreening when it hits 50 is unusual. Is the drive still under warranty from SanDisk, or from the notebook manufacturer if it shipped with your laptop?

Kukuskas

Honorable
May 23, 2017
I tested it now in linux. I figured out, that if the SSD reach 50°C the read speed is less then 20 MBps and Write speed is about 4 MBps so it must be bad drive. Am I correct?