No signal from graphics card

wraith1110

Prominent
May 23, 2017
Okay so I have a huge problem on my hands. I bought a new CPU amd fx 4350 CPUand a Stirix gaming radeon rx 460 4gb 5gddr graphics card. Note: the computer that I am upgrading has not been altered or changed for close to 10 years.
Current Computer Specs:
Motherboard: m5a97
CPU: AMD II X4 840 AM3
Graphics: VGA Sapphire HD5770 1gb
Memory: 4gb corsair
PSU: Antec BP550

So here is the problem. I bought these two new parts. I installed them correctly, im pretty sure. Graphics card seated completely and correct pci-e connection to the card. I started up the computer and my monitor is not getting a signal. When I have it unplugged, it tells me I need to plug in the cable. I have a DVI-D going straight from monitor to Video card. When I plug the cable in it says "checking signal..." for about 20 seconds then says "DVI0D no signal entering power saving mode shortly. The worst part is I put back in old CPU and video card and now those are not working either. I reset the CLRTC, I unplugged all power sources and let sit. I replugged in all the systems, I checked for bent pins, i checked the RAM which is working fine, I tried the other video card slot. I have tried 3 different monitors so that is not the problem. I do not know what to do if I cannot get the computer even into the BIOS. there is no onboard graphics card so I cannot use that to get anywhere. Everything starts up, there are no warning lights, or beeps. Power seems okay, everything is working fine but I get no signal. Ived used HDMI, and DVI-D both no signal. I need some help! I have no idea what to do! Thank you!