Weird Issues Sabertooth Z77

crzdg28

Prominent
May 25, 2017
Ok guys! I really got a hard case.

After moving my PC I tried to start it as it was running at the old apartment.
I didn't start properly. So I decided to reset the BIOS.

System:

PSU: bequiet 680W
MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth Z77 BIOS Rev. 2104
CPU: Intel i7 3770k
PCIE1: GTX 670
PCIE2: GTX 670
RAM: 32GB Vegenance
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro

SATA Mode AHCI
CSM disabled (UEFI only)
Monitor is connected over iGPU with HDMI.
Hyper-Threading and Virtualization Technology disabled
ASUS Enchantment MultiCored option disabled
Rapid Start Technology disable
No OC set.

After doing that I still couldn't manage to boot into a SATA device.
I tried various things. Here are the important issues and going-ons.

Only USB connected
1. If I only connect a bootable USB stick. (Linux or Windows) I'm able to boot into it.

One SATA device connected and Bootable USB Stick
2. If I only connect the SSD with my Windows 10 Partition on it. It will be recognized in the BIOS but it will fall into a boot loop if I try to boot from the SSD. (I can see that it tries to start up the Windows repair)
2.1 Booting from USB Stick works till OS initializes then reboots. on a Linux distro (Repair Boot Stick) it does that at the point it tries to mount the discs.
2.2 I once managed to boot the Linux distro with the SATA device connected and it also was recognized by Linux. Unfortunately I wasn't able to rebuild that situation
2.3 Any other SATA device unlike the SSD with Windows 10 will cause a boot loop were I'm not even able to get into the BIOS.

Two SATA device connected
3. The Motherboard falls into a boot loop. Not even able to get into BIOS.

I'm a IT system engineer and dealt with a lot of problems. But never saw something like that and I'm really desperate. I don't have any ideas left.

Please give me a tip for other options

Thanks

crzdg28

Prominent
May 25, 2017
UPDATE:

After I managed to get into Ubuntu with the SSD connected. I saw the bootflag was missing at that disc. Checked the bootflag and now I got a new error. After restarting PC and trying to boot from SSD I got this Windows Error.

0xC000000F
/Boot/BCD

MBR contains errors. This can cause after HW changes....