YouTube videos audio out of sync!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banana-Man

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
I wonder if anyone can help:
When watching YouTube videos on my system, the sound is out of sync with the video. Some are worse then others but they all seem to have the same issue. If anyone knows of a fix for this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Hey, I'm pretty sure that I've found out how to fix this.

1. Delete all your cookies and cached images from Chrome for all time.

2. Sign out of your Google account and open YouTube.

3. Open YouTube and click 'settings' in the top right and sign into your account from there. (it will look really weird to do, not like the usual login for your account).

4. Once this is done, close the tab you used to login to YouTube.

5. Open a new tab and open YouTube again (either through 'favourites' or typing it in).

6. Sign into your account via the button in the top right corner and the issue should be fixed.

(not sure if this is a permanent fix or not, but it seems to be working fine for me for now.

Banana-Man

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016

they all seem to have the issue to varying degrees, some are so out of sync they are unwatchable whereas others only have a tiny amount. maybe its a problem at youtube's end or maybe its a software problem, i don't know...

Banana-Man

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016

Yes the videos i watch are mostly home made. Regarding the video you posted theres a small delay, much less then other videos but its still there.

awrussell3

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Hey, I'm pretty sure that I've found out how to fix this.

1. Delete all your cookies and cached images from Chrome for all time.

2. Sign out of your Google account and open YouTube.

3. Open YouTube and click 'settings' in the top right and sign into your account from there. (it will look really weird to do, not like the usual login for your account).

4. Once this is done, close the tab you used to login to YouTube.

5. Open a new tab and open YouTube again (either through 'favourites' or typing it in).

6. Sign into your account via the button in the top right corner and the issue should be fixed.

(not sure if this is a permanent fix or not, but it seems to be working fine for me for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
have you tried to let windows 10 fix it for you?

press winkey+i. update & security. troubleshoot. playing audio. follow the on-screen instructions.

you can also try to improve the hardware performance by change the power plan to "high performance" in your contrl panel.

tapiocadestroyer

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018

this worked for me thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.