Need help choosing a monitor

MJedzi1028

Prominent
May 25, 2017
Hello, I'm having a hard time deciding what monitor to buy. I have a Acer Predator G AG3-605-UR20 Desktop. The two monitors I have in mind are the Samsung CF390 Series Curved 24-Inch FHD Monitor and the Acer GN246HL Bbid 24-Inch 3D Gaming Display. Both are around the same price. I mainly play mmo's like World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls Online, and Guild wars 2. I do play survival and shooters occasionally. Thank you!

Solution
Personally, I am a fan of curved monitors, but the one that you chose just seems that it might be too much curve for too small a monitor. Generally, most curved monitors are ultrawide (around 34 inches), and for good reason. The only problem is that high quality ultrawide monitors, curved or not, generally run from 800 to 1200 dollars. Again, in my opinion, if you can save enough money for a 34 inch curved monitor, it is most definitely worth it. Also, PC specs?

sputnIK_

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Before I start, it would be nice to know what your budget is, so I might be able to find some in your price range, but I'll do the best I can:
The CF390 is nice, but doesn't have as high a response time as your other pick, which means it might not be as good for gaming as, say, a home theater. Also, it has an extremely curved screen on a relatively small monitor, so unless you're a big fan of the curved gaming experience and know exactly what you're in for, you may want to stay away from something as dramatic as that. As for the other monitor, I have to say I like it a lot more. Because you say that you will be playing MMOs and (occasionally) shooters, I feel that this one, with a high refresh rate, might be the one for you. Although if you picked your first monitor because of the curved feature, then this one, with it's flat screen, might not be as good for your purposes. If you could give me the PC specs, I might be able to help you a little bit more, as I could see what resolution you might be playing at. I hope this helps!

MJedzi1028

Prominent
May 25, 2017
Thank you that helps! As of right now I think the budget I'm looking at is to keep it around $200. I may go down to my Best Buy and see how a curved one looks in person. But as you said, the refresh rate of of the Acer seems to be the best choice for my gaming.

sputnIK_

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Personally, I am a fan of curved monitors, but the one that you chose just seems that it might be too much curve for too small a monitor. Generally, most curved monitors are ultrawide (around 34 inches), and for good reason. The only problem is that high quality ultrawide monitors, curved or not, generally run from 800 to 1200 dollars. Again, in my opinion, if you can save enough money for a 34 inch curved monitor, it is most definitely worth it. Also, PC specs?

Solution