Ordered new system

varun12

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Hello,

I ordered new system.

Spent $4200 CAD including Dell U3415 Monitor

1080 GTX Ti (I got 1080 (ti) instead of regular because even in my current laptop the lagger is the graphics card) everything else is fine for MY needs) so I just got 1080 ti plus, it was just $100 extra (some promo over regular 1080)

i7700k (liquid cooled)

850w PSU

2tb HDD (I have 1 TB SSD at home)

16gb RAM DDR4 2400mhz (1 stick)

3 year warranty on both items

I know I could have done better and what not but I wanted all from one place and something legit instead of collecting parts and then building one. Also, I've been very happy with Dell's customer service.

Where I live, it's truly helpful that they would drive to my home and fix my Desktop if something breaks.

Questions are,

Should have I gone with 4k monitor? that would've been an extra 600$ ? and the games I play are

Witcher 3
Mass effect series
GTA V
Just Cause

but Most of my life spent is on reading charts and articles /studying and I read that it's much better getting 1440p for people who do a lot of reading.

1440p monitor is a fine choice, no reason to go 4k for a desktop monitor.

However you should have gotten something better suited for gaming with a faster refresh rate then simply 60hz; 5ms response time is not great either.
Paying a premium for the curve screen that wont improve gameplay at all, vs a faster refresh rate that will.

varun12

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

I read online and saw videos posted about people being able to overclock it to 80hz with no issues.

I didn't even know we could overclock monitors lol

Also, the games I play do I really need uber fast times? Far cry series, Witcher series, Mass effect series and so forth? Battlefield and all as well but no online game play.

Is it worth spending additional 400-500$ ? because that's the nearest model up?

varun12

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Lol, I was getting less than 30 fps on my Witcher 3 on my Alienware laptop haha and I didn't know it was good or bad. It was lag free so I kept playing. It was by accident I discovered lip audio was out of sync and in the room , Geralt took longer than expected and sex scenes lasted long. I thought it was his stamina but it was the lag lol

Could you recommend me some? I got a very good deal on Dell monitor $880 instead of usual 1050$ CAD and I really like the 34 inch size and curve lol but I'll still check them.

TRENDING THREADS