Persuading Parents to Help With Buying PC Parts

chikentendies

Prominent
May 25, 2017
Hey guys, so ive been gaming on an entry level pc for about 5 years now and ive learned so so so much about pcmr and the craft that goes into building a pc. Ive decided that now is the best time for me to start building a pc, however i understand that since i do not have a job i will have to rely on my parents and basically any money at all i get from anything has to go into this. Ive divided the cost up so that i just ask for the gpu and cpu for my birthday in August and then i ask again for the rest of the build witch should be extremely cheap by xmas when the cost is split + any xmas specials that will lower the cost. However ive tried this before and my parents said ''Save up for it, couldnt be that hard." and i lost it i tried anyway i could to set up a job in my area and nothing came through.....im completely relying on them and i feel really bad but at the same time i want to experience the best games ive ever seen in my life at 60+fps. Please help if you have any tips on how to persuade my parents to help out more. PS, my parents are extremely stingy and only give me $10 for a chore, which im only aloud to do every 2-3 months for something cheap like food,cheap gifts,etc.

Solution
There's always a way to make money, you just need to look more. When I was younger, I shoveled neighbor's driveways, weeded their gardens, watched their pets while they were away, cut their grass, etc etc. I also looked towards local shops and did odd jobs for them as well. I don't know where you are looking at the moment, but a job doesn't have to be an official thing, just make any money wherever you can.

I don't know enough about your background with your parents to advise you on that, I'd imagine you would know more about good ways to persuade them than I would. I can tell you that my parents were the same way though, and I just had to take each and every opportunity I got to go out and make a few bucks. Little jobs for neighbors...
There's always a way to make money, you just need to look more. When I was younger, I shoveled neighbor's driveways, weeded their gardens, watched their pets while they were away, cut their grass, etc etc. I also looked towards local shops and did odd jobs for them as well. I don't know where you are looking at the moment, but a job doesn't have to be an official thing, just make any money wherever you can.

I don't know enough about your background with your parents to advise you on that, I'd imagine you would know more about good ways to persuade them than I would. I can tell you that my parents were the same way though, and I just had to take each and every opportunity I got to go out and make a few bucks. Little jobs for neighbors can turn into good money quick too, I started working for a neighbor doing odd jobs around his house once or twice a week for a couple bucks an hour. That job evolved over time into working a full-time construction job with his son for $15-$17 an hour. You never know where a great opportunity is going to come from.

So just make any money wherever you can would be my overall advice to you. Even something as little as recycling aluminum, or copper can make you money over a period of time. I used to get as much wire as I could from people (and a lot of people give it away for free). I'd strip the outer coating with a knife, coil up the copper, wait til I had a few pounds of it, then I'd exchange it for money. There's always a way to make money, sometimes you have to be creative about it, but there's always a way.

Solution