Restart computer and Internet always goes back to last page viewed...automatically

Tina_65

Prominent
May 25, 2017
First of all:

OS is Windows 10
64-bit OS
Lenovo brand

1. I know that this is by no means serious...however, it is annoying! What do I go into to change it from always doing this? I am very up on my antivirus, malware and firewall stuff too so I know that is not my issue. No other problems whatsoever.

2. Also, I have read several times about cookies and the cache...doing this has not solved my issue though. How do I stop the computer from continually wiping out prior info related to "cleaning" out the junk? I have this software called CCleaner, which is free and it really is great. It does a fantastic job of cleaning everything out, but, also wipes out the info that I need to keep "my" personal info on websites to load quickly. Lastly, I heard that not cleaning the cache on a regular basis allows hackers to get in a "back door" and either infect or take over the computer.

Your thoughts please...thank you in advance for your assistance!

Tina W.

Solution
1. There is a setting in the browser you're using how to open it - on home page, to reload last opened pages etc. If you tell us what's the browser, we can help you with that.

2. CCLeaner is a powerful tool, and as you have discovered, it does more than you want. Either don't touch cookies when you run it, or start over from scratch with the websites you love (unless there's selective "clean" option, which will become tedious).
1. There is a setting in the browser you're using how to open it - on home page, to reload last opened pages etc. If you tell us what's the browser, we can help you with that.

2. CCLeaner is a powerful tool, and as you have discovered, it does more than you want. Either don't touch cookies when you run it, or start over from scratch with the websites you love (unless there's selective "clean" option, which will become tedious).

Solution

Tina_65

Prominent
May 25, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Tina_65 : "Re: Restart computer and Internet always goes back to last page viewed...automatically"

In answer to the answer I received from someone...I am using Windows10 Edge for my browser.