Forced to Reboot on HP Laptop After Putting it to Sleep

pcguy12

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
I have an HP EliteBook 8570w. When I put it to sleep or in hibernation mode for an extended period of time, I have to reboot the computer in order for me to be able to see anything on the screen.

It's a black screen. The screen never "wakes up" despite how much I pound on the keys on the keyboard.

On a few occasions, this has happened when I simply close the laptop for an extended period of time.

I did some research online and tried rolling-back the video driver to the previous version (since this just started happening a few months ago), but it's still happening.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Another possibility you may try is plugging in a wired keyboard and mouse and then putting it to sleep and try to wake it with the keyboard. If it is unable you may check the BOIS/UEFI settings on what to do if it is put into sleep mode. IE: enable USB wake.

mikebro94

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
Another possibility you may try is plugging in a wired keyboard and mouse and then putting it to sleep and try to wake it with the keyboard. If it is unable you may check the BOIS/UEFI settings on what to do if it is put into sleep mode. IE: enable USB wake.

Solution