YouTube video dropped frames in Chrome

lMerkah

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
Whenever I try and watch videos on chrome in 1080p 60fps I always get dropped frames on many videos, I have tried removing all extension, tweaking with chrome settings. I can see frame drop through the "stats for nerds" option.

Microsoft Edge works perfectly with no fps drop at all.

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz
16GB DDR3 RAM @ 798 MHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070 (Gigabyte Version)
120GB SSD Kingston
1TB Seagate SATA
Gigabyte z87-hd3 Motherboard

In desperate need of help, I like chrome but watching videos with frame drop is horrendous and should not be happening.

Solution
Read this '' https://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comments/47r7h0/youtube_1080p_60fps_lagdropped_frames/ '' I think you will find it useful if not just research your problem a bit and you will find your solution, also make sure you try out other browsers like Microsoft edge and/or Firefox just to see if you lag there as well which I highly doubt since your machine is not a slow one. If you have more questions I'll be happy to answer them.

lMerkah

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016

YouTube video. Right clicking the video and selecting "stats for nerds".

Shows all the info through there.

lMerkah

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016

That doesnt really make any sense. It's a problem with video playback specifically on google chrome.

Vitalik777

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
I have the same problem on my laptop(MSI GS63VR 7RF) intel core 7700 hq + intel 630HD, drop frames in the YouTube 60 fps, lags flash player. In the Microsoft Edge browser everything is working fine. I disabled hardware acceleration, I updated the driver did not help anything unfortunately. Is there any solution?

LikeTheWind

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Read this '' https://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comments/47r7h0/youtube_1080p_60fps_lagdropped_frames/ '' I think you will find it useful if not just research your problem a bit and you will find your solution, also make sure you try out other browsers like Microsoft edge and/or Firefox just to see if you lag there as well which I highly doubt since your machine is not a slow one. If you have more questions I'll be happy to answer them.

Solution