window format and resolution goes lower (1024 is the highest)

rahmatramli92

Prominent
May 22, 2017
someone pls help. usually i reinstall window using my recovery. but my recovery corrupted. i lose my genuine window 7 home premium. after i install a pirate window 7 ultimate,, sadly the resolution goes lower. it became 1024x768. and it is the highest i can get. before this it can be higher to up to 1366. but that option is no longer stated in my screen resolution. i opened my device manager. it shows that my amd radeon HD 7400m series is in problem. (yellow sign) i tried to update. but it didnt help. can any1 help me to solve this. any help really appreciated. i really dont know how to get my previous resolution. pls help.

rahmatramli92

Prominent
May 22, 2017
ty elbert for the answer. that really help me much. but there is another problem. i tried to verify my product key. it says "The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options." not to mention that my recovery was deleted completely by the one who repaired my laptop. is there any other way to get my windows back without i have to contact the manufacturer?

In that case you may want to just install windows 10. It works without activation and only bugs you with a remider in the lower right corner. This or find someone with a reinstall disk windows 7 for your laptop brand. Then you could use your OEM key. If their's isn't the exact same you may need drivers for your laptop so have them ready on a USB.

Hi

It looks like you have not installed the device driver for the AMD Radeon 7400m GPU
Without this driver it probably does not matter if you have win 7 or 10

What is the make and exact model of your laptop
Normally on laptops the GPU device driver needs to come from the laptop manufacturer

If your hard drive died then its your fault that you did not make a windows recovery dvd or usb to enable installing Windows on Replacement hard disk

It may be possible to buy a recovery disk from the laptop manufacturer for a discount from microsoft recomended price
Dont buy a cheap windows key they may be cancelled at any time

One way of getting a cheap but genuine windows 7 dvd is a pc refurbishers disk from Amazon.
They will be genuine but in breach of licensing terms

Regards
Mike Barnes

rahmatramli92

Prominent
May 22, 2017
hello mike barnes
ty for your answer
but it says here that the driver comes together with the windows update.
if i buy refurbished disk as u stated above, i might be in breach of licensing problem.
i need to update my windows to get that kind of driver.
if i bought that windows and update it,, will it br corrupted bcse i have breach the licensed?
just to confirm.
hope u can understand me.
i tried very hard to be polite and improving my english

Hi
What is the make and exact model of your laptop?
so we can see if the correct graphics driver is available.

Have you tried to buy the Windows 7 recovery disk from the Laptop manufacturer?

If you know someone with the same make & model laptop and version of Windows they can make a recovery disk set for you to use.

Manufacturers Windows Recovery disks sets are tied to one manufacturer and motherboard version and usually don't need the key on the label on the laptop.
The alternative is to buy a new Genuine Windows 7 or 10 DVD (or 10 USB).
You may still need the laptop manufacturers Graphics driver to get the correct resolution

regards
Mike Barnes

rahmatramli92

Prominent
May 22, 2017

rahmatramli92

Prominent
May 22, 2017
my notebook model is HP pavillion dm4.
it runs in 64 bits
do u have driver for that.
i really appreciate if u do.
ty mbarnes for your concern
i really dont know any ways to get those driver

rahmatramli92

Prominent
May 22, 2017

and yes i tried to contact to manufacturer
but it seems they dont givr much help. they asked me to get it from the microsoft itself
since this is not working days,,
i need to wait to contact the manufacturer in my country on monday.
while waiting for that,, i tried to contact the microsoft if they can give a copy of windows 7 OS
they provide me the link that i can download it.
but unfortunately they also tell me the link is under maintenance.
poor me. so i still need to wait for the link to reopen or waits for this monday to get windows 7 OS for that.
i really appreciate if u can provide the driver for me. i tried everything to solve this problem. i almost give up until i saw u replies.
pls help

Hi

You have not given the exact model of the HP laptop,

you need it to get the correct driver from the HP website (NOT AMD website)

look at the labels on the underside for what comes after hp pavillion dm4
not all hp pavillion dm4 have the hd radeon 7400m GPU

regards
Mike Barnes