Good anti-Virus, malware software..etc

LightsOut4u713

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016
I have been using Total System Care to scan and organize my files. However, I have noticed that my PC stability has gone down hill since using this software. With my PC procuring registry issues, viruses, and tons of malware. I need a recommendation for an affordable software scanner that will correct all of these issues for me and also properly maintain my computer correctly going forward. Thank you!

Solution
Malwarebytes is COMPLETELY free. They only thing you pay for is real-time detection, but everything is free. Even then, you still get 14 days of the real-time protection. Even after that, you can schedule scans. Brandi.Wolff@Parallon.com

CCleaner is also free for the standard version, which is what you needed. https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

I have not heard of those programs, so I cannot say if it works or not. But these programs that I mentioned are trusted.
You want to use CCLeaner to scan the registry and get rid of junk files. For malware, MalwareBytes is probably your go to bet. Best thing is, both programs are free, and don't have any limiting features. Hitman Pro is also a good one as well. Hopefully your computer isn't badly infected and will allow you to make installations.

LightsOut4u713

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016

Thank you for your advice, however, I am looking up both free software recommendations and they both seem to be paid downloads of a combined $70.

I did find Scanguard and Total AV for free download, how do you think those would compare? Thanks again

Malwarebytes is COMPLETELY free. They only thing you pay for is real-time detection, but everything is free. Even then, you still get 14 days of the real-time protection. Even after that, you can schedule scans. Brandi.Wolff@Parallon.com

CCleaner is also free for the standard version, which is what you needed. https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

I have not heard of those programs, so I cannot say if it works or not. But these programs that I mentioned are trusted.

Solution