Hi community!,

My rig:

-Gigabyte 990 FXA-UD3
-AMD 8350 8core
-Corsair CX 600
-2x 4GB HyperX Fury RAM sticks
-HDD Toshiba 2TB
-Radeon HD 7770

My computer monitor is an old 19" Samsung screen connected via DVI.
The TV is a new 48" Samsung 4K connected via HDMI.

So whenever I play a movie and simultaneously display it on the computer monitor and also on the TV, the monitor will display the movie flawlessly, while the TV will have this issue where there's a horizontal line that runs throught the screen upwards every once in a while and it's pretty annoying really.

I uploaded a video for you to show what I'm talking about:
-monitor: https://vid.me/iGuE
-tv: https://vid.me/Bwlc (Follow the line upwards)

I have previously tried:

-Several different HDMI cables
-I bought a new graphics card thinking the HDMI output port could've been damaged (previously had a Sapphire) and it didn't change a thing.
-Reinstalling the graphics card driver
-Updating the driver
-Updating the TV software
Although I do have to mention this did not happen on my previous TV...

None of this has worked so far, any ideas?
I don't know what else to do...

Solution

Hi, my driver's interface doesn't look quite like yours and has different menus and options, but I think I found the cause now I was finally able to fix it.

The monitor screen was being cloned into my TV, which has a whole different resolution and refresh rate, hence the flickering.
So I made them two independent screens and now I have two different signals one for the TV and another one to for the monitor.
The resolution on my TV improved to its best and the flickering is gone.

Thank you everyone for your support.

KrOo12

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016

Hi, my driver's interface doesn't look quite like yours and has different menus and options, but I think I found the cause now I was finally able to fix it.

The monitor screen was being cloned into my TV, which has a whole different resolution and refresh rate, hence the flickering.
So I made them two independent screens and now I have two different signals one for the TV and another one to for the monitor.
The resolution on my TV improved to its best and the flickering is gone.

Thank you everyone for your support.

Solution