Stuck on Shutting Down Screen for Hours

azaky

Prominent
May 27, 2017
Its an ASUS X453S with planted battery inside.

Its been stuck on shutting down screen for so long. I have tried to long press the power button, but as I press the button it seem to go to sleep immediately and then turned on again at the shutting down screen. There is no way to unplug the battery. I have no other idea to shut this laptop down.

Please help how to shut this laptop down. And how to make this kind of glitch never happened again?

Thank you in advance.

Solution
Seen that same attempted power down behavior from other computers (desktops and laptops alike). Trick is usually to continue holding the power button down for as long as 30 seconds. If you're in a quiet room, you should be able to hear the fans shut off on the system (and any mechanical hard drives installed in the system will audibly click when parking the heads during a sudden power down).
Seen that same attempted power down behavior from other computers (desktops and laptops alike). Trick is usually to continue holding the power button down for as long as 30 seconds. If you're in a quiet room, you should be able to hear the fans shut off on the system (and any mechanical hard drives installed in the system will audibly click when parking the heads during a sudden power down).

Solution