New computer signal output too bright (same LCD as old computer)

bartman1c

Prominent
May 8, 2017
I could barely notice this at first but then my eyes got tired after a couple of hours on the new computer so I remembered I noticed the background looked a little bit washed off.

Monitor: Asus LCD VS228
Old computer:
Windows 7 GTX750ti DVI nvidia driver 381.89 (wagnardsoft DDU before install, no config changed)
New computer:
Windows 10 GTX1080ti HDMI nvidia driver 381.89 (no config changed)

Some explanation of the test image I made:

■ Screenshots of various images were an exact match between both machines (using program Beyond Compare)
    ■ To test the problem was not the DVI/HDMI difference I connected both cables to the W7 computer.
    ■ Sample page
    ■ Piece of my background image

http://imgur.com/a/gxZGm

Any ideas on how to fix this or what could be the problem?

Notes:

• ■ Pictures marked as PIC were taken with a phone camera, I don't have a stand so I just tried to not move a lot and used the more similar ones to compare.
    ■ I checked the contrast and brightness settings on the LCD while on both DVI and HDMI, they were the same.
    ■ I actually used a virtual machine to help me migrate from the old to the new computer, so the images from the picture marked as W10 are from the virtual machine on the new computer, screenshots were taken from this computer/machine and compared to the old computer screenshots, the colors were exactly the same, so that is not the issue.

Solution
I installed windows 7 on the new computer, brightness was off too, I kept googling and it turned out to be an nvidia option the 1080ti has but the 750ti doesn't have, to fix it I just had to set it right on the nvidia control panel->display->change resolution->use nvidia color settings->output dynamic range: full

bartman1c

Prominent
May 8, 2017
I installed windows 7 on the new computer, brightness was off too, I kept googling and it turned out to be an nvidia option the 1080ti has but the 750ti doesn't have, to fix it I just had to set it right on the nvidia control panel->display->change resolution->use nvidia color settings->output dynamic range: full

Solution