How to make hdmi do 4k 60hz...

Zhestokaya

Prominent
May 25, 2017
Ok im trying to get 4k to work... at 60hz. I got gtx1080 and samsung uhd 28 inch 4k screen.. pretty sure both have 2.0 hdmi also i got a hdmi cable that says highspeed with ethernet.. wich should be 2.0 still it refuses to do 60hz for me i know displayport works but due to other problems i wanna try hdmi

Solution
Had a similar issue when using a UHD tv as a display only running at 30hz and glitching out graphically. I ended up getting it to run at 60hz by using a 3' hdmi cable rather than the multiple longer ones I tried.

It may have been the quality of the cables but the shorter one is not even an hdmi 2.0 where as one 12' cable was supposedly "high speed +Ethernet +hdmi 2", so I'm not sure.

Also, I'm not familiar with your monitor or if it applies, but on TV's there is usually a specific HDMI port for graphics/multimedia, might be worth a look.

BC_Homegrown

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
Had a similar issue when using a UHD tv as a display only running at 30hz and glitching out graphically. I ended up getting it to run at 60hz by using a 3' hdmi cable rather than the multiple longer ones I tried.

It may have been the quality of the cables but the shorter one is not even an hdmi 2.0 where as one 12' cable was supposedly "high speed +Ethernet +hdmi 2", so I'm not sure.

Also, I'm not familiar with your monitor or if it applies, but on TV's there is usually a specific HDMI port for graphics/multimedia, might be worth a look.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS