Game server Build

jjcanine

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
Hi, Im looking to build a relatively cheap, under 450 euros, machine to host game servers, primarily arma 3 and dcs world + teamspeak etc.
I have looked at two options for cpu, either an i5-7600 or a ryzen 5 1600, (more inclined towards the ryzen), as for the rest its all pretty standard,
RAM: 8gb DDR4 3000 AEGIS by Gskill,
HDD: 1tb WD Blue (already have one),
PSU: Be quiet Pure Power 10 300W 80+ Bronze
MOBO: MSI A320M grenade
Case - already have an atx one
This system will cost around 430€ where I live so its already close to the limit.
Any input is appreciated,
Thank You

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
looks good to me, i would choose ryzen too

perhaps add another 8 gbs of ram to avoid surprises with the server, usually a game server uses around 1 to 2 gbs of ram, perhaps more, but if you can be prepared for more in the future and also run multiple games simultaneously, that could be better, it depends on the usage and if you run a clan and what games you play on the clan

if you choose the ryzen, you need a gpu, any will do, so the intel there is cheaper, no gpu required, the one the cpu has is enough

jjcanine

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
Thanks for the info,
For gpu I can get a gt710 for just over 40€, Its just so I can run a remote desktop program, so it doesnt have to be anything fancy

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the gpu in a game server is not used, often those servers are run under linux or steam os, they usually are consoles reporting some status and accepting commands

that 730 should be more than enough for remote usage

jjcanine

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

I only need a gpu for remote access, teamviewer or similar, so I should be fine with any gpu I would assume.