Black screen then installing gpu

Tanel_

Prominent
May 30, 2017
Hello

So last week randomly when starting up my computer i got black screen, after 10min of testing i found out that my graphics card is broken because when inserting my monitor through motherboard it starts up (graphic card is 4 years old so i ordered new one), now that my new graphics card arrived and after installing it, still the same thing happened. Does that mean there is something wrong with my motherboard?

PS! Im a noob when it comes to comps.

dude, u need to install the driver first
use the mobo vga port first
turn on your PC
install the driver for the new VGA u have installed on your rig
and then change the port to the one on your VGA

IF the screen is still black, perhaps the driver is not compatible with your rig, check for another driver version

Tanel_

Prominent
May 30, 2017

I did, i installed everything, but that after 4 years video card suddenly stops working and every time i want picture even through mobo i have to remove power supply and then re-attach it, it can only be mobo problem, right?

Tanel_

Prominent
May 30, 2017

And like i said when i install it on my rig there is only black screen , can only get picture if there is no vga installed. Even tried the disk it came with, same thing,

If u said it like that, it should be the Mobo, but just to make sure, borrow another Mobo from ur friend and try it on your rig, if it works fine, then it's your Mobo is the source of the problem :)

Uh wait, did u install the driver for the new VGA too? U need different driver if u're changing to different VGA, make sure your PC recognize the changes and then reinstall the driver for the new vga

TRENDING THREADS