Multiple Displays: First monitor is clear, second got blurry.

Focal_Trickz

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I noticed this happened right after I alt-tabbed during a CSGO match. My resolution on the game is 4:3 1280x1024. After alt-tabbing my second monitor randomly got blurry. When I alt-tab usually my first monitor goes black, but this time the second one went black too until the desktop showed. I did download a program called VibranceGUI and messed with CSGO's colors, but will that cause my second monitor to have a problem? I have not messed with any display settings.

Solution
Using Alt+Tab while in the middle of a game has never been supported or endorsed as something guaranteed to work, even though it's become something that usually works fine, there are plenty of cases where games crash, or other bits become unstable in the Windows OS.

If you simply must Alt+Tab from your game, you might consider trying a borderless windowed mode, as you're technically not in a full screen scenario at that point, and this tends to play better with tasking out of games.

The usual still applies. Make sure all pertinent drivers are up to date.

As far as messing with display settings, as soon as you launched a full screen game, your display settings were messed with. Games don't generally run at the same settings as your...
Using Alt+Tab while in the middle of a game has never been supported or endorsed as something guaranteed to work, even though it's become something that usually works fine, there are plenty of cases where games crash, or other bits become unstable in the Windows OS.

If you simply must Alt+Tab from your game, you might consider trying a borderless windowed mode, as you're technically not in a full screen scenario at that point, and this tends to play better with tasking out of games.

The usual still applies. Make sure all pertinent drivers are up to date.

As far as messing with display settings, as soon as you launched a full screen game, your display settings were messed with. Games don't generally run at the same settings as your Desktop, and if they don't play nice, they can sometimes leave your settings in an incorrect state after the game exits.

Solution

Focal_Trickz

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I have fixed it. I went into my NVIDIA Control Panel and came across the "Adjust desktop size and position" and changed the scaling mode from "Aspect Ratio" to "Full-screen" and it fixed it. Weird how it changed though.