New monitor but no display

KankleLV

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016
So I've been trying on and off to get this TV to work on my PC but it never seems to work. I have a spare TV but Id rather use this one as it has a higher native resolution than the other one.

I currently have my main monitor connected via DVI and my 2nd screen connected via HDMI. The HDMI cord Isn't the problem as I've tested it on other things with good results, and I'm sure the GPU Isn't the problem either as it has been working fine for me

If you need to know specs I can list off what I know.

The TV I'm trying to get to work is this - http://www.sony.com.au/local/product/kdl-32w5500

sirstinky

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
So are you using two displays (plus the tv)? Unless the TV has a dvi or vGA input, I don't think you'll get it to work as those connections are classified as 'pc out' for auxiliary connections. If you've got just the TV plugged in to the hdmi from the pc, then it should work as the hdmi signal will translate to the TV just fine. If you're trying to run two displays then that may be your issue.

KankleLV

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016

sorry i poorly worded my question. i have one monitor and one TV. I have the TV hooked up via my HDMI cord and i did have it working on a previous GPU but one day it randomly stopped working so i started using a different TV as my 2nd monitor. My problem is that my PC says that it detects my TV and the TV detects a connection to something, but there is no display on the TV.