CPU Fan Led always lit on MSI Tomahawk arctic B350

alccad

Prominent
May 30, 2017
Hello,

I have the MB in subject working with a Corsair AIO H110i.
Evrerything is fine and temperature in idle are around 29 to 33 °C.

Even if the cooler works fine with its utility and the che CPU fan is read by MSI Command Center,
the motherboard has alwauya a red led lit close to the CPU fan header.
This is correctly (I suppose!) connected to the Y cable coming from the pump, made by a SATA power cord and a 3 PIN (but 1 wire) fan connector attached to he CPU fan header.
The question is, is it normal that this led remains lit all time in read?
I can't see error messages in the BIOS or in the various MSI apps and as the temps are good and the CPU fan fields show RPMs, I'd like to turn it off as it's quite unaestetic on my white build being the only red light.
Unless of course of having a trouble somewhere in my build I could not detect and fix so far.

Thanks, kind regards,
Alc

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

Its a System OK LED, ive spoken to MSI about it in the past, it only comes on after the other 4 have gone out (CPU, MEM, VGA and BOOT) its very annoying, they told me if you dont like it, cover it up with a small piece of black electrical tape, my system is generally green coloured so I covered mine up, but MSI's colours are red, so you can understand why its red.

alccad

Prominent
May 30, 2017
Thanks for Your reply.
I spent weeks trying to find a fix for this and instead, it was ok.
What I still found somehow strange, is that on Youtube it seems this MB can have the led off in some builds.
But now I know it's fine, I will follow Your advise for a little piece of black tape.

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

I had that LED on my MSI B350m Mortar board and ive got it on my MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon too, and although on the X370 motherboard all of the other LEDs are controllable via software, this one LED isnt, AARRRGGGHHHH !!!! lol.