Computex: Ryzen 1600X best CPU of the year.

Intrepid_1

Prominent
May 5, 2017
Of course it is, Intel have had then market to themselves for so long (thanks to lack of competition from AMD) that they are still charging well over $200 for unlocked 4 core 4 thread CPU's, as though we are stuck in 2009, AMD have come in under the radar with a good architecture this time and completely humiliated Intel, again.

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-wins-european-hardware-awards-2017s-best-cpu-nvidia-gp102-wins-best-gpu/

That is, of course, unless (mentioning no names) as a reviewer very specifically make it about a small number of very select games only, mix-up Unlocked CPU prices with locked, ignore Motherboard pricing, use 2400Mhz Ram knowing it can make a 10 to 20% difference in performance vs 3000Mhz and then also get your overall performance results wrong.

But its ok, Intel promises that in a few months they will have their own mainstream 6 core and people will forget that some reviewers came up with mind-blowing Intel recommendations that make no sense to almost anyone, Then, suddenly actually 6 cores are better than 4 afterall, now that Intel are doing in mainstream, who would have thought it....? just so long as you continue to ignore Intel's pricing, its all good.

I'm using 1600x right now, it's upgrade from FX 6350 that I kept at 4.8GHz, It's quite noticeable step up despite problems with BIOS in Asus Prime x370 Pro and RAM nailed at 2133MHz because of it and old, AGESA 1.0.0.4 code.
1.0.0.6 is out and new BIOS should be in couple of weeks too. Couldn't even OC because mounting kit for My CM Nepton 1400xl cooler did not arrive yet. Once that gets fixed I'll have better idea of real performance.

Intrepid_1

Prominent
May 5, 2017

Get the BIOS updated, i know people with the 1.0.0.6 code on MSI, Gigabyte and ASrock boards who are getting from 3000Mhz to 3800Mhz speeds.