Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

Scottishrequiem

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Did a sfc/scannow while troubleshooting my BSOD (turns out to be a faulty RAM tick) but I also had 2 trojan in my win32 directory and feel like they've corrupted my Windows 10.

sfc/scannow shows

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

Not sure if that means I need to reinstall windows 10 and was wondering if there is a quicker way to repair windows?

Solution
open command prompt (admin)
copy/paste this into window (if you type it, spaces need to match for it to work):
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
once dism finishes, re run sfc /scannow and see if it fixes the things it couldn't before
SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files and the image files are the ones SFC uses to fix system files.

restart PC once its complete

Colif

Win 11 Master
open command prompt (admin)
copy/paste this into window (if you type it, spaces need to match for it to work):
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
once dism finishes, re run sfc /scannow and see if it fixes the things it couldn't before
SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files and the image files are the ones SFC uses to fix system files.

restart PC once its complete

Solution