Windows 10 wont even get to Boot Screen just a black circle loading screen

rushei150

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014
I have a gigabyte GA-H81M-S2H and the computer has been fine loading for over a year and no problems this week. Then yesterday after turning the computer off and back windows didn't load up.

I can get into the BIOS set up and F12 to load up the windows disk. Yet the computer says that it can't seem to load up windows from the disk.

Trying all the options through the repair in windows doesn't seem to work as it just keeps looping back to the same question.

When checking on the CMD is says that a version of windows is installed so it's detecting it.

Just not sure how to either find the error through CMD or try to do a resintall which it says that the
"the drive where windows is installed is locked" However I can seem to find which drive it's looking for.

Any help would be good. I also have other computers running with no problems so not sure where to start with it. I have taken out the battery in the MB to try and reset the bios but that didn't seem to do anything either. I have also taken out and replaced the memory to try and prompt a response without and luck.

Thanks

Andy

Solution
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - handy boot drive if nothing else

see if this helps:
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
We need to use the Bootrec.exe tool. Click on command prompt and type in the following commands, one after the other:
bootrec /RebuildBcd
bootrec /fixMbr
bootrec /fixboot
Exit

Now go ahead and reboot your system. In some cases you may need to run some additional commands.
bootsect /nt60 SYS or bootsect /nt60 ALL

could run chkdsk /f in CMD (or chkdsk /f /r if its a hdd)

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - handy boot drive if nothing else

see if this helps:
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
We need to use the Bootrec.exe tool. Click on command prompt and type in the following commands, one after the other:
bootrec /RebuildBcd
bootrec /fixMbr
bootrec /fixboot
Exit

Now go ahead and reboot your system. In some cases you may need to run some additional commands.
bootsect /nt60 SYS or bootsect /nt60 ALL

could run chkdsk /f in CMD (or chkdsk /f /r if its a hdd)

Solution