Asus Debuts Its First Ryzen Desktop PC, The G11DF, At Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
All that power in a case that doesn't breathe and again uses top mount psu from the 90's and is that a single 92mm exhaust fan as the only case fan? Can't wait till someone tries to take that 1700 and gtx1080 up a notch. Guess we'll find out how well OC Ryzen performs at borderline TDP.

jbheller

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Looks like a terrible HP domestic computer from the 90's. No airflow. Lots of space in places you can never use, and totally craped at the top where the power supply and optical drive clash. Don't even get me started about the but butt ugly cable management. Thats a crap effort ASUS, back to the drawing board for you

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
With as many boards as Asus made for those HP and other pre-built OEMs, it makes you wonder if they didn't get a great deal on some really old stock frames and just tossed some fresh plastic on the front.
I still find it amazing they'd pull the cover off the side panel and show a huge amount of pc techies and nerds that complete wiring disaster. I'd be embarrassed to an exponential degree over that.

$500 CPU, $25 case and PSU combo. : D

I can only imagine that they didn't intend for the side panel to be removed at a trade show when assembling that. Wraith Max looks so sad surrounded by all those bare wires and unpainted metal surfaces. I know profit margins can be tight with these pre-built systems, but a few dollars worth of paint and cable sleeving would have gone a long way toward giving the interior a more premium feel.

Also, the system looks like it's falling off the table in the first shot. Perhaps it was closed until someone tried to sneak a peek inside, but then ran off in fear carrying the side panel with them when that mass of wires spilled out.

Or maybe Intel/Nvidia paid someone off to make the system look as bad as possible. : P

Status
Not open for further replies.