My programs and windows are acting up!

Huakka

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
I'm having issues after the last windows update
It started when my steam wouldnt open and the task wouldnt die so, thinking rationally, I rebooted my pc and set it so it wont boot on startup. The task is still there and it still wont and now my skype and my blizzard app are goofing up now, my blizzard app wont connect and open and my skype says it cant connect. And also now whenever I try searching something in the windows bard on the bottom left it searches for an eternity and never does anything. Some other apps are working perfectly fine like google chrome and discord but why is this happening?

Solution
Or

Try this:
1. Start the computer in Safe mode
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2304-safe-mode-start-windows-10-a.html

2. Run System File Checker (sfc /scannow) it will check the integrity and try to repair system files

Start > type 'cmd' > chose 'Run as Administrator' > new window > type sfc /scannow

Because in Safe mode, very few drivers and services is loaded and none external autostart s/w and then it will free up otherwise locked system files to be checked and possible repaired.

3. While You are at it in Safe mode:
Start > type cmd > in the list right click on the CMD.EXE and chose 'Run as Administrator' > new window > type chkdsk /f [Enter]

4. After that you can try (in Safe mode):
Right click on Start >...

Huakka

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016

I tried reinstalling them and it wont work and what about the windows bar issue?

Perhaps run Windows update manually. This is especially important after a heavy Windows upgrade or after a fresh installation.

1. Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows update => Search for updates.
If updates is being installed, just wait and restart the computer when it says so.

2. Repeat until there are no more updates.

3. Restart the computer again and check for Windows updates and restart.

Best regards from Sweden

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Sounds like you may have some corruption in your Windows install. Updating won't do anything for you, dude. Instead of wasting days trying to troubleshoot... the quickest remedy would be to perform an "in-place" Windows 10 Reinstall. You won't lose any information and it should clear up any problems you have.

Or

Try this:
1. Start the computer in Safe mode
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2304-safe-mode-start-windows-10-a.html

2. Run System File Checker (sfc /scannow) it will check the integrity and try to repair system files

Start > type 'cmd' > chose 'Run as Administrator' > new window > type sfc /scannow

Because in Safe mode, very few drivers and services is loaded and none external autostart s/w and then it will free up otherwise locked system files to be checked and possible repaired.

3. While You are at it in Safe mode:
Start > type cmd > in the list right click on the CMD.EXE and chose 'Run as Administrator' > new window > type chkdsk /f [Enter]

4. After that you can try (in Safe mode):
Right click on Start > type cmd > in the list right click on CMD.EXE and chose 'Run as administrator' >
copy and paste this or just type it:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

5. Next: and here is the very important step:
Click Start > type Power > in the list right click on Windows Power shell > run as Administrator > copy this exactly:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml"}

If you right click in the Power Shell window the test string will automatically copy itself into Power Shell.
Press Enter

Afterwards when its done, restart Windows as usual.
Best regards from Sweden

Solution