Monitor with built-in speakers only has audio input, Can I still use my external speakers?

iksmneb

Prominent
May 31, 2017
I am planning to buy an ASUS VZ249H 24" Monitor with built-in speakers. Checked some review on youtube and google and found out that it has only audio input which confuses me. Does it mean that i cant use my personal speakers for audio? (specifically connecting my speakers to my cpu / system unit).

Solution
Of course you can.

When you connect your new monitor to your PC via HDMI or Display port cable, chances are it will auto assign the monitors speakers as "default". All you have to do is right click on your speaker/volume icon and then select your speakers as "default".

When I connect a new monitor to my PC it makes my monitor's speakers both default device and communication device.. ;;

I jut change it back to speakers.

Masoner

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
Of course you can.

When you connect your new monitor to your PC via HDMI or Display port cable, chances are it will auto assign the monitors speakers as "default". All you have to do is right click on your speaker/volume icon and then select your speakers as "default".

When I connect a new monitor to my PC it makes my monitor's speakers both default device and communication device.. ;;

I jut change it back to speakers.

Solution