Diagnosing BSOD that only occurs only whilst playing Crysis 3

plusev

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2014
The error read - Session "EventLog-AirSpaceChannel" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Before anyone asks: yes, my CPU overclock stable. I ran intel's extreme tuning utility for 6+ hrs (temps rarely go above 73c for xtu) along with IntelBurnTest and everything passed. What's happening?

Here's the log info -

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 2017-06-01 1:24:37 AM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Migs-rig
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>5</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-06-01T08:24:37.804253100Z" />
<EventRecordID>2226</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Migs-rig</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">292</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xffffe50cab61c028</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xff800000</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x124</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">1</Data>
<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">true</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Solution
event 41 (63) is a reaction by windows. It runs a report at startup every time and if it finds PC wasn't shut down right the previous time, it creates event 41

I found this on the AirSpaceChannel reference
Error 0xC0000188 is an artifact leftover from development as far as I can tell.

The error is a warning that the performance trace log for the Office 2016 and possible Office 2013, that the log itself, is full or nearly full.

Some items logged in Windows or other operating systems capture events that impact an end user. Other items that are logged capture events left over from debugging or performance tracing which have no direct impact on anyone. Air Space Channel falls into the latter category. The mistake made by the...

Colif

Win 11 Master
event 41 (63) is a reaction by windows. It runs a report at startup every time and if it finds PC wasn't shut down right the previous time, it creates event 41

I found this on the AirSpaceChannel reference
Error 0xC0000188 is an artifact leftover from development as far as I can tell.

The error is a warning that the performance trace log for the Office 2016 and possible Office 2013, that the log itself, is full or nearly full.

Some items logged in Windows or other operating systems capture events that impact an end user. Other items that are logged capture events left over from debugging or performance tracing which have no direct impact on anyone. Air Space Channel falls into the latter category. The mistake made by the developers was that they either forgot to disable the log before release or that they forgot to set it to a circular log file to allow it to overwrite itself if the Office development team wanted to capture their events in Production.

The Event ID warning only impacts you if you wanted to view the log for current details but none were present as it was not set to overwrite itself automatically and filled up. In other words, no impact to an end user. The performance or debug log is full. If you're not using it, it simply warns that it is full and cannot overwrite, and goes on it's way until the next warning is generated at boot time.

Workaround, or 'what the Developers forgot to cleanup' so no one sees the error for 'Air Space Channel' logging.

AirSpaceChannel.etl
%SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs

AirSpaceChannel log
Applications and Service Logs/Microsoft/Office/AirSpace

Search 'Computer Management' or type compmgmt.msc to launch Computer Management.

Under 'Performance' is the 'Startup Event Trace Sessions' that contains the 'EventLog-AirSpaceChannel' properties.

Right-click choose Properties and set the log more to 'Circular'. Uncheck another setting such as 'Append' to toggle it to Circular if necessary. Click OK to save your change.

There is also an entry under the Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Right-click and select View > Show Analytic and Debug Logs > then under Microsoft > Office > AirSpace are the other properties. It can also be set to Overwrite as needed. But setting it to Circular is the same thing.

Unfortunately I cannot post pictures yet. Perhaps I will edit with a screen shot later when I am able to add one.

But that is all there is to this error. A remnant leftover from a log setting mistake.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9f19c75b-1ee8-4a42-837c-941372d7a1c3/session-eventlogairspacechannel-stopped-due-to-the-following-error-0xc0000188?forum=w8itprogeneral

Are you getting a BSOD or is PC just restarting/Freezing?
Generally, if PC freeze/crash without BSOD it is a hardware problem

have you run Intel processor diagnostic tool on PC?

Solution