One monitor (GPU) another monitor (CPU display)

Onardonardo

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017
I have AMD Ryzen and a separate GTX 1060 on my PC. I would like to display one monitor through GPU-HDMI and another monitor through Ryzen's on board display-VGA.

Is this possible?

My GPU only has one HDMI port and no VGA ports. Both drivers is up to date. In the display manager, it can only detect my GPU.

Solution
The on-board graphics is dependent on the CPU you have, not by the motherboard.

The MSI B350M Bazooka and/or the MSI A350M Bazooka does have HDMI, DVI-D, and VGA ports - but these on-board video output ports can only be used if you are using a 7th-gen A-series AMD CPU which has integrated/on-board graphics (yet to be available in desktop PCs).

As of this date, Ryzen CPUs (such as the Ryzen 5 and Ryzen 7) does not support on-board graphics. So, plugging a Ryzen 5 or a Ryzen 7 CPU on that B350M/A350M motherboard will not enable its on-board video output ports, and thus, no on-board graphics.
Ryzen 5/7 does not support on-board display as it doesn't have an iGPU (integrated graphics). Your motherboard's display ports would only be enabled if you plug in an APU (or the soon-to-be-released Ryzen APU).

What you can do is get an active DisplayPort-to-VGA or an active DVI-to-VGA adapter so that all your monitors will be connected to your GPU.

Onardonardo

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017

I was wrong, the graphics isn't coming from the Ryzen but on the on board graphics. I have an MSI B350M/ A320 Bazooka. Can I use this for display, while the other output comes from the GPU?

The on-board graphics is dependent on the CPU you have, not by the motherboard.

The MSI B350M Bazooka and/or the MSI A350M Bazooka does have HDMI, DVI-D, and VGA ports - but these on-board video output ports can only be used if you are using a 7th-gen A-series AMD CPU which has integrated/on-board graphics (yet to be available in desktop PCs).

As of this date, Ryzen CPUs (such as the Ryzen 5 and Ryzen 7) does not support on-board graphics. So, plugging a Ryzen 5 or a Ryzen 7 CPU on that B350M/A350M motherboard will not enable its on-board video output ports, and thus, no on-board graphics.

Solution