Games randomly tabbing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadoweliterecon

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Every hour or so the game I'm playing will tab out to the desktop. I'm fairly sure something is opening that is forcing it to the desktop. I've seen a small window open when I'm on my computer and not on a game. However, it always happens almost instantly, so I have no idea what it is.

I haven't downloaded anything recently, it just abruptly started happening. What kind of troubleshooting can I do to determine the culprit?

Solution
Hi Vort3x, have you tried info provided in the link?
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3426393/fix-hourly-cmd-window-pop-appearing.html

Give that a try. If it doesn't help, you can also turn on All Task History (on the right side of Task Scheduler) if it's not turned on. Then wait until you have the popup window, open Task Scheduler and look at the log file in center of the Window. It will show what all tasks have recently run (especially in the last few minutes) and consider disabling those tasks until you can find a fix or update for them. If your popup windows stops, then it was one of the tasks that you disabled. If not, then be sure to re-enable the tasks and ask for more help.

shadoweliterecon

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011

I've just tried this, I'll get back to you later as to whether it worked or not, thanks.

Vort3x_

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
THIS!!! Exact same problem with me and my friend. I'm positive the same thing is causing it. I also see the small window when this happens while I'm already on desktop.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi Vort3x, have you tried info provided in the link?
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3426393/fix-hourly-cmd-window-pop-appearing.html

Give that a try. If it doesn't help, you can also turn on All Task History (on the right side of Task Scheduler) if it's not turned on. Then wait until you have the popup window, open Task Scheduler and look at the log file in center of the Window. It will show what all tasks have recently run (especially in the last few minutes) and consider disabling those tasks until you can find a fix or update for them. If your popup windows stops, then it was one of the tasks that you disabled. If not, then be sure to re-enable the tasks and ask for more help.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.