Noob 1440p Monitor Question

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
This Monitor: https://www.asus.com/Monitors/PB328Q/
has inputs for HDMI , D-Sub, Display Port, and Dual-link DVI-D. Apparently it comes with cables for each connection. But what I am unsure of, is if 1440p at its 75hz refresh rate requires DP only... or if HDMI and DVI-D can also do 1440p/75Hz. Thanks.

Solution
The d-sub will be the only input that can't handle 1440p at 75Hz as long as the source aka graphics card supports it. The manual for the PB328Q doesn't go into much detail but they do list graphics cards they tested with display port which is nice.

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012

Thank you. Forgot about downloading the manual. Duh. But I'm a bit confused by that chart on page 3-10. Am I to interpret that as any of the digital inputs will produce 75hz v. refresh rate if the video card supports it?

Any idea what (N) and (P) next to the numbers mean? Progressive and Interlaced, maybe?

I don't own this monitor but my assumption looking at the manual is you likely will only get 75Hz over the display port. They don't outright say it but they elude to it by the only method they say they have tested for all those graphics cards is over display port. TH reviewed this but didn't test out non display port so not 100% sure.

The (N) and (P) will be the Sync Polarity N=Negative and P=Positive. This isn't something one would worry about unless you are trying to setup a multi-monitor setup with different monitors then you would want the same Sync Polarity or you are in for some fun.