Drivers For New AMD Build

V10C5K3

Prominent
May 22, 2017
I just built a new PC that includes the Ryzen 5 1600X, ASRock AB350M Pro4, and Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I have pretty much always had Intel processors, NVIDIA graphics cards, and Windows 7 in my other build so I am kinda new to AMD and Win 10. I just finished installing Windows and the first and only driver I installed so far was the Realtek LAN driver. After I got connected to the internet, Windows started installing updates and programs on it's own. I noticed that it installed Radeon Settings automatically. So I am not sure if I still need to install other drivers like the USB, chipset, audio, gpu, etc. Also, if the drivers are installed, how do I check my current AMD chipset and GPU driver version?

Solution

I always pre download the...

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

I always pre download the drivers before installing Windows, then I disconnect from the internet to stop Microsoft putting theirs on my machine.

I get the Chipset drivers from the AMD website, my Graphics card drivers too.
LAN I use the Intel ones from my board manufacturers site as I cant be bothered to go looking through the Intel site for them.
And Audio I Also get from my board manufacturers site, as a lot of boards come with extra enhancements on the Audio now a days, however, I have my onboard audio disabled in the bios as im using a Creative Soundblaster Z card, so i get these from the Creative site.

Getting them from the individual sites, you are guaranteed to have the latest drivers.

Once they are all installed, I then connect to the internet, with them installed it stops Windows update download their versions.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS