BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO windows 10

20PeterBread01

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017
when i run my PC and choose windows 10 (I have Linux as well), after loading I see blue screen with an error message. It happened after I switched my PC to sleep mode and pressed power button, it was loading like I shutted it down and then it gave me that error message. Linux (Mint) works absolutely fine. I can't even run a windows installation tool with the SSD containing the windows, i can only run it without the SSD. But when i run installation tool without any drive it runs as normal but gives me the same error message when i plug the SSD in, doesn't give anything when i plug my other drive.

Solution
what motherboard do you have?

What happens if you try to boot off USB with SSD in? if it just loads normally, means you need to add USB to priority boot list in bios or maybe change another setting so PC doesn't ignore USB

ONce we can boot off USB with SSD still attached, should try to run system restore and see if that fixes this
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore - hopefully a recent date you can roll settings back to, this should let you boot normally

Colif

Win 11 Master
what motherboard do you have?

What happens if you try to boot off USB with SSD in? if it just loads normally, means you need to add USB to priority boot list in bios or maybe change another setting so PC doesn't ignore USB

ONce we can boot off USB with SSD still attached, should try to run system restore and see if that fixes this
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore - hopefully a recent date you can roll settings back to, this should let you boot normally

Solution