Desktop flashing black every 5 seconds. Cant open anything.

bubii04

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
Need help! I wanted to install a win 10 theme. When I tried to move the theme from the rar file in a folder,the screen started flashing black every 5-10 seconds. I cant do anything. Its like frozen. I cant open task manager or any app. I locked the user and restarted the pc. Still same problem. Help pls

Solution
was it a special folder or just the one you downloaded folder too?

where did you dl theme from? does source have a help forum? just curious if they show steps on how to fix this

from desktop, click ctrl alt del and choose log off
from the 1st screen before you click space to get password field
choose power button
holding the shift key down, click restart
this loads advanced start up - it shouldn't be flashing here

If all you did was move files, or try to, you could go into safe mode and see if deleting them or moving them back helps
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

if...

Colif

Win 11 Master
was it a special folder or just the one you downloaded folder too?

where did you dl theme from? does source have a help forum? just curious if they show steps on how to fix this

from desktop, click ctrl alt del and choose log off
from the 1st screen before you click space to get password field
choose power button
holding the shift key down, click restart
this loads advanced start up - it shouldn't be flashing here

If all you did was move files, or try to, you could go into safe mode and see if deleting them or moving them back helps
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

if that doesn't help, try system restore as it should reset system settings back to whatever date you can choose from app
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore - should offer a date or two you can roll system settings back too, hopefully not too long ago. Once you choose, it will restart PC and hopefully fix this for you.

Solution