PC CRASHES, virus scanner shuts down !

jake88

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
hello ill try and make this short and sweet.
4 days ago my pc just randomly started crashing during gameplay.i tried to scan my pc using my norton trial version and everytime my norton would auto cancel the scan.i tried again with bitdefender and it did the same thing.so i went from free trail to purchase, spoke to there online support and they couldnt figure out what was happening aswell.so i said screw this and did a full clean install of windows.and the problem still persisted so i thought my ssd was the problem,so i bought a new ssd, the problem still persisted.so i did a diagnostic check on my ram which was good and i removed my gpu...i still am having problems with random shutdowns/games just disappering back to the desktop. i have noticed when my virus scanner stops working with the error its when its in the microsoft files wow64 or winsysx for example. any ideas?the only thing i can think of now is possibly my cpu or motherboard.my cpu temps are good.

Solution
It's not a windows update you need. It's the drivers on the disk that came with your motherboard. Put that disk into your computer and install all the drivers found on it. Until you do, the rest of this is pointless. If you don't have a dvd drive, you can download them from the manufacturer of your motherboard.
All those devices you mentioned with yellow exclamations are found on that disk and need to be installed if you expect anything to work correctly.

ThePlaneAddict

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
The power supply is the very first part I would check if it keeps shutting down while doing anything. If you have a no name brand, buy a new one right now. Do you have specs of parts so we can help decide other possible issues?

Jesse_20

Distinguished
First thing I would try is swapping the sata cable, as well as the port your ssd uses, to different ones and see if that helps.

Next, I would do a fresh install of windows again, making sure you format the drive and wipe all data. (Save your user folder to a backup drive if you want to save personal stuff). Re-install all updated drivers, as well as the bios if needed.
Now do a clean install of a game you are experiencing issues with a try it out.
DO NOT COPY YOUR USER DATA BACK YET.

If everything works properly, plug in the backup user data drive and do virus scans on it. I do multiple scans, including superantispyware, Malwarebytes, adwcleaner, roguekiller, and emsisoft emergency kit, all of which have free versions. Sometimes these malware can hide in your user's appdata folder, so saving your data without a proper scan first just puts it back into place for possible re-activation.

jake88

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
Sorry my game will shutdown and so does norton but the pc doesnt shutdown.psu is more then good enuff i think its 500w.i overlocked once using a build in oc software from asus but it was terrible so i put the settings back

jake88

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
Ok ill swap sata cords and port.im reformatting now again..3rd time.first thing ill do when i get to desktop is download bitdefender...but i guarantee ill get the same error.

jake88

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
Ok just reformatted first thing i tried was to scan pc using windows defender and Bang!same error that i had with bitfinder antivirus.something about scan cannot be completed.and this scan was before i even put in the mb driver cd.ive taken out the cmos battery in hopes of a miracle.does this mean my mb is buggerd.its a brand new z270 from asus.my cpu is also brad new

Jesse_20

Distinguished
Can you list your system specs as others requested?

Also, what source are you using to install windows from?
You might want to grab and fresh copy from MS in case it's the issue.

Have you updated the motherboard bios, if available? I'd also install all motherboard drivers before trying to run scans. That might also be an issue since it's a z270 board (newer than windows 10, and possibly contains devices windows is not recognizing correctly).

jake88

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
Okay i just ran dxdiag in windows and it says my mb and cpu are n/a is this because i havnt installed my mb driver cd yet? My system is 32gig ram,240gig ssd,asus z270mb,nvidia 1080 gpu,and the cpu is a bran new ddr4 type.i7.so everything is top of the range almost

Jesse_20

Distinguished
It's telling you to install the motherboard inf driver, found either on the motherboard's website or the driver disk that came with it.
That's the driver that tells windows how to run your motherboard devices, other then LAN and audio.

Jesse_20

Distinguished
Right click on the windows start menu icon in the taskbar and choose device manager. If anything in this list has a yellow exclamation for it, it means you haven't installed the drivers for that device yet and it will cause issues when trying to use it. Most get recognized by windows automatically, but you should always install the drivers found on your motherboard disk as it is designed for your particular board's devices.

jake88

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
On Tue 6/6/2017 9:18:21 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\060617-20124-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0x5A88)
Bugcheck code: 0x24 (0x1904FB, 0xFFFFF880035EF498, 0xFFFFF880035EECF0, 0xFFFFF88001219085)
Error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT File System Driver
Bug check description: This indicates a problem occurred in the NTFS file system.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 6/6/2017 9:18:21 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x24 (0x1904FB, 0xFFFFF880035EF498, 0xFFFFF880035EECF0, 0xFFFFF88001219085)
Bug check description: This indicates a problem occurred in the NTFS file system.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

jake88

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
On Tue 6/6/2017 9:08:15 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\060617-28033-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0xE077)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8800122C077, 0xFFFFF88004E44EE0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Tue 6/6/2017 8:54:37 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\060617-27580-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x24 (0x1904FB, 0xFFFFF880046C9998, 0xFFFFF880046C91F0, 0xFFFFF88001237085)

Jesse_20

Distinguished
It's not a windows update you need. It's the drivers on the disk that came with your motherboard. Put that disk into your computer and install all the drivers found on it. Until you do, the rest of this is pointless. If you don't have a dvd drive, you can download them from the manufacturer of your motherboard.
All those devices you mentioned with yellow exclamations are found on that disk and need to be installed if you expect anything to work correctly.

Solution