Free trial ended(I think), anyway I can format SSD through BIOS?

PhilipDM42

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Read that I couldn't when I was doing research but I remember a couple years ago my older sibling was helping me upgrade windows and all it took was formatting a HDD through BIOS.

I have an SSD with an expired Free trial, at least that's what I think it is because boot up is taking me straight to the BIOS Menu instead of Windows 10 startup. I still have the bootable USB. Just need assistance re-installing because the installer won't let me format the SSD either

Solution
If you can not boot the usb or the SSD there are possibly to reasons

1. Your system is not setup in the BIOS to boot from a USB.

2. The SSD has died

If you mean windows free trial yes it expired in 2016 I think. But if you had it installed it does not matter as long as you have the key to activate the install.

Possible solution is change the boot sequence in the BIOS. See if you can get to the BIOS setup by pressing
either F1 or Delete repeatedly fast. Or read the pc manual to see what keys need to be pressed.

Dave8671

Distinguished
If you can not boot the usb or the SSD there are possibly to reasons

1. Your system is not setup in the BIOS to boot from a USB.

2. The SSD has died

If you mean windows free trial yes it expired in 2016 I think. But if you had it installed it does not matter as long as you have the key to activate the install.

Possible solution is change the boot sequence in the BIOS. See if you can get to the BIOS setup by pressing
either F1 or Delete repeatedly fast. Or read the pc manual to see what keys need to be pressed.

Solution

PhilipDM42

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Dave

I plugged in the bootable USB to reinstall the whole thing but I can't because the SSD doesn't have enough memory to install the OS, I can't format the SSD because the windows setup won't allow me to.

If I don't have the USB plugged in, it'll immediately go to BIOS, I wish a screen would pop up advising me to input product key because my free trial expired, but it doesn't

Winterload

I only see it in the option that asks for BOOT location. I can't find it anywhere else. I just checked to make sure. Under BIOS, in Boot Option Priorities, I see Sandisk 120G.that's the only place I see it

Skynet

It won't let me :/

PhilipDM42

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Actually, come to think of it, I just noticed the Total size for my storage isn't accurate. In windows setup, I chose custom setup and it's asking to choose an available storage. There's only one on screen but it's total size and free space is 0. Maybe it really isn't detecting the SSD? But I shouldn't have issues tho, everything's been working for the past month

PhilipDM42

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
I have no idea what I did but I'm inside now. Windows 10 start screen is on my monitor. Last thing I remember was clicking save and exit tab in the BIOS, and before I clicked any of the "leave with or without saving" I saw the "override changes made" I saw 2 options, 1. The normal startup and 2. The bootable USB startup. I chose the first one and bam, I see my screen saver, I'm still confused as to how this all started though