New monitor (since christmas) randomly goes black when playing games.

Victorjm

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
So i recently bought this new monitor an Acer 27" LED Predator XG270HU to be exact. When i purchased this screen it worked fine but after a while i started to notice sometimes that it turned black all of a sudden when playing wow. I did not really put any thought into it since it only happened once or twice. Later though my screen started going black more often and now when i start wow, cs, h1z1 my screen just starts flashing black when i press any buttons in game. A weird coincidence is that as soon as i start playing wow again it stops working. Dont know why but when i installed wow again it started to "black out" on other games aswell (the sound still runs). And sometimes it does this when starting up my pc. And btw i tryed another screen (with lower resolution) and then all the games worked just fine so it might be the screen but i bought it just after christmas so since its new i thought it might be something else. (I do have enough wattage on my psu for my setup and i dont have a virus on my pc).
The "blackout" is really weird it doesnt say out of range or no signal it just turns black then the game comes back on.

Hopefully someone can help me get this problem fixed.

Solution
I have not used FreeSync so can't really say when it works and with what. But it does look like not using it works better for you, if things run better without it, I would just use it the way it works.
Try using another connection. Lower the resolution on the system on the Acer monitor and see if it's stable then. It may not be the screen but an issue with the computer, overheating, video card issue, power supply issue. Lowering settings makes the video card and system overall run with less power so you may not see the issue on that older monitor.

Victorjm

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
Ok i did that. I tried plugging the screen into my brothers pc and then it worked totally fine with the same display port cable. So im guessing it is something wrong with the graphics cards. Hope not but maybe that is the problem. The pc is not overheating i have msi afterburner and always put the fans up so the gpu stays nice and cool. The biggest problem is the screen going black like once every 2 seconds when im starting the game. I do not know what the problem might be? I am almost certain that the screen is fine now. What could it be otherwise then the screen? My psu is a evga g2 850w +80. So i think that it should be enough power there.

Btw: im not sure if this has anything to do with it. But my hz on my monitor is not always stable when im inside game as i checked with the controll panel on the monitor. Can this have anything to do with the problem and how do i fix it? And i tried plugging in a dvi cable but the monitor said no cable connected?

Victorjm

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

Ok i did that. I tried plugging the screen into my brothers pc and then it worked totally fine with the same display port cable. So im guessing it is something wrong with the graphics cards. Hope not but maybe that is the problem. The pc is not overheating i have msi afterburner and always put the fans up so the gpu stays nice and cool. The biggest problem is the screen going black like once every 2 seconds when im starting the game. I do not know what the problem might be? I am almost certain that the screen is fine now. What could it be otherwise then the screen? My psu is a evga g2 850w +80. So i think that it should be enough power there.

Btw: im not sure if this has anything to do with it. But my hz on my monitor is not always stable when im inside game as i checked with the controll panel on the monitor. Can this have anything to do with the problem and how do i fix it? And i tried plugging in a dvi cable but the monitor said no cable connected?
I just noticed that it becomes less black screens when i play games that have 144hz and 60hz games makes the screen flash black more often.
hang-the-9 ac438C Monitor

Victorjm

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

Ok i will. Yes mostly unless very rarely when i start the computer but has not happened now for a while and when im just normally using the computer for videos and so it never goes black. But mainly when playing games. Ok yes it is a dual link. Would it help you if u know what my setup is?

Thank you for responding!

Victorjm

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

Hmm i just noticed something with payday2 for example (one of the games that goes black very badly and frequently. I tried turning off freesync and then everything worked fine? Is there anyway to have freesync enabled on that game or is it interfering with the settings or something in the game? And on cs go it works better if i disable freesync from radeon settings. But i have it enabled on the monitor itself. Maybe it is the graphics cards freesync not syncing with the screens?