New Computer Wont Display Anything

Brandon Rodriguez

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017
Hello community, I have just joined the master race! I have built my new pc, but it wont display image.

When I turn it on, all LEDs from my motherboard turn on, as well as the cpu and gpu fans (right now Im testing not in my case, but just the motherboard plugged to my power supply for easy removal of things)

I have tried taking off a Ram Stick, re installing my cpu, changing pci ports, plugging HDMI on my graphics card and motherboard slot, but nothing happens.

My specs are
-Asus B350 Plus
-Ryzen 5 1600
-16GB of DDR4 Ram (2X8)
- RX580 MSI Armor Edition
-EVGA 550W Power Supply

I am really looking forward to play in my pc, so any help would be appreciated!

Note: none of the pins of my motherboard are bent, and all my pieces are brand new, another thing I have considered is to use an vga cable for testing.

Note 2: I have tried two displays with three different HDMI cables but nothing has worked.

Solution
It could be that your motherboard needs the latest BIOS update to work with that Ryzen CPU.

Make sure you have it installed by borrowing an older CPU that is compatible with the socket on your motherboard and flash the new BIOS.

If that doesn't work then I'm afraid you will have to take parts from a functional PC and start swapping parts until you find the faulty one.

Good luck!

drummerdimitri

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2013
It could be that your motherboard needs the latest BIOS update to work with that Ryzen CPU.

Make sure you have it installed by borrowing an older CPU that is compatible with the socket on your motherboard and flash the new BIOS.

If that doesn't work then I'm afraid you will have to take parts from a functional PC and start swapping parts until you find the faulty one.

Good luck!

Solution