Question/Concern about glow/bleeding on new monitor

Masoner

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
Hello everyone, I was curious about something on my new monitor. I bought a Samsung C27FG70 it's a VA panel and it's so incredible glorious in terms of color and contrast. But I did a "black glow/bleed" test and noticed that in the bottom corner, upper left and bottom left there is a glow on the screen.

It kinda fades away and back in when I move my head around, like changing the angle of viewing. I was wondering is this what they call "back light glow" ? or bleeding?

it's noticeable during black screens/dark areas in games/movies. but other times it's not.

Also, is this normal for LCDs? I had a VG248Q and it had nothing like this.. was I just super lucky it was a TN panel though.

I've read that some level of glow is 100% normal with VA and IPS panels.

Nothing to be concerned about if all else seems ok?

Masoner

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013

the VG248Q I bought in 2012 and going from that to this Samsung it's amazing how the colors and contrast really bring life to things even my wallpapers.

I was just wondering cause i had read that VA panels have "less" glow than IPS monitors and I've seen pictures of people asking about it and it way worse than what I have.