(New PC Build) Display Driver Stopped Responding and has recovered Error message

RockyRoll64

Prominent
May 4, 2017
Display Driver Stopped Responding and has recovered. i keep getting this pop up image from my hidden icon, its only after i try to run a game on my new pc. for example i run fallout or skyrim, it loads to to menu but fails to load the game ctd.

This is my pc build

GPU:MSI radeon r9 270x (i bought this part used)
CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 1600
PSU:corsair cx 550w
motherboard:gigabyte ga ab350m gaming 3
RAM:evo potenza 2 x 8gb. 16gb
case:bitfenix nova atx
Storage: seagate barracuda 2tb (from my old pc)
(also an extra front panel fan 120mm)

ive tried looking for ways around this but i dont seem to be finding much information about this error message im running windows 8.1 and ive also installed driver support and updated all of my drivers. my computer is functioning fine beyond that, everything else works. the only other option ive seen is to wipe your memory but i already have alot of games installed, and would like to avoid that option if possible. continue to have this error so if anybody could help that would be appreciated.

RockyRoll64

Prominent
May 4, 2017

only mount and blade and a few other low quality games ran, games like nazi zombie army call of duty waw and the forest, froze or didnt respond. all the other games still didnt work. if i upgrade my OS will it get rid of my files i have like 800 gb ill probably have to transfer the important files from a usb to my laptop unless there is a better way, and how would i install a new OS.

Have you tried using something like furmark to stress the GPU? If it crashes instantly upon starting that it could be a power issue to the card so you could try lowering the GPU clock or increasing the voltage slightly so long as the cards temp doesn't get too high, a few other things you could try is using DDU to remove your cards drivers and then reinstall the latest, or you could try and acquire another GPU and test that in your system and see if that has the same problem, then if it doesn't, it could be something wrong with the actual card.

RockyRoll64

Prominent
May 4, 2017

i haven't used furmark, and it doesn't crash instantly. most games can load to main menu, view cinematic cut scenes but crashes when its time to play the game. ive also recieved this message from my computer tellig me to update my os. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4012982/the-processor-is-not-supported-together-with-the-windows-version-that-
im planning on maybe buying the latest version of windows on a flash drive and doing a clean install and reinstalling the drivers with driver support.