will my power supply work?

khaosangelxd

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
I have just got a amd rx 480 from a friend (he went to a 1050ti) and i only have a 350 power watt supply im wondering if this power supply is to small for the card?

It could, but you we need to know the other parts of your PC. However, you may be pushing it kinda close with that 350.

Side note: Your friend may a interesting choice to go from the RX 480 to the 1050 Ti. It could be considered a down grade.

khaosangelxd

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017

my motherboard is a msi b250 pro processor is a intel i5 7th gen 7500 (kabby lake) 3.41ghz right now i have an integrated intel hd 630 graphics and my friend said he just upgraded a bunch of stuff i know he got the new ryzen 7 wich one no idea but he has a 1000w power supply and is gonna try run 2 of them for better multi monitoring

That would be pointless for him to do that with a 1050 Ti. Your friend may want to consider investing in other things.

Back to the subject..your computer hits 300w easily with that card. But without knowing the amount of RAM, an't be too sure. So my recommendation? No, I wouldn't do it, because if you turn on your computer and there is a voltage spike, it could ruin parts in your computer. You may want to invest in a new power supply before popping that 480 in.

khaosangelxd

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017

my ram is 8gb

And still your PC reaches over 300w with that video card. So in theory, yes it works. However, it's probably low quality, and could possibly fail. My recommendation is still no.

However, you can still try. Just be warned that it is a strong possibility that something could wrong.

khaosangelxd

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017

will a 450w supply suffice?