Critical process died error

HONEBADGER1084

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014
Whenever I try to boot my pc I get this blue screen saying CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. It'll give me the option to boot in safe mode and all these other options but no matter which one I choose I'll get the same blue screen. Ive tried to use the media creation tool on my laptop but when I choose the usb option it'll go though all the step until after I choose my language and 64bit and then after that it won't even give me the option to install it to my usb(16). It just says you need 8gb free to download on the C drive which isn't even the usb drive. I've tried everything to get rid of it. Please help asap. Thank you

Solution
Use this Win10PE, https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/27180-windows-10-recovery-tools-bootable-rescue-disk-post434481.html#post434481, download the ISO and mount it on your USB.
If you can boot from it, the hard drive is the likely cause or a very corrupted installation. You can with the Win10PE test your hard drive using HDTUne (preinstalled program).
If you cannot boot from it, the RAM is the likely cause.

For HDTune, I recommend to do the following in order
- check the health,
- scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
- run a benchmark.

It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
When above is done please make screenshots/photos of the following
the health,
the error scan,
the...
Use this Win10PE, https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/27180-windows-10-recovery-tools-bootable-rescue-disk-post434481.html#post434481, download the ISO and mount it on your USB.
If you can boot from it, the hard drive is the likely cause or a very corrupted installation. You can with the Win10PE test your hard drive using HDTUne (preinstalled program).
If you cannot boot from it, the RAM is the likely cause.

For HDTune, I recommend to do the following in order
- check the health,
- scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
- run a benchmark.

It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
When above is done please make screenshots/photos of the following
the health,
the error scan,
the benchmark incl. following
transfer rate,
access time,
burst rate,
cpu usage.

Solution

HONEBADGER1084

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014

It did let me boot with it but I'm not sure what to do after that. I'm pretty sure my hard drive got infected with something because before this I wasn't able to modify anything in windows like turn on the firewall. Can you please explain to me what I'm suppose to do after that, I'm not really sure what the tutorial means. thanks

Open HDTune and do the following please:
- make a photo of the details in the tab 'Health'
- in Error scan tab, click 'Start' and wait until it is finished. Make a photo of the entire tab when it is finished
- in the Benchmark tab, click 'Start' and wait until it is finished. Make a photo of the entire tab when it is finished

Upload the photos, put them in 1 folder and post a share link please.

HONEBADGER1084

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h6udlsc7r46xrq8/AAAKNJzVTAIM7js_Q5cazxgRa?dl=0

HONEBADGER1084

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014

Using it didn't work. How do I get back into windows. My laptop doesn't have enough space to download the creation tools and I've almost deleted everything on it. It's an HP Stream so it only has 32 GB. I do online classes so Im trying to get back in as soon as possible

HONEBADGER1084

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014

It detected 3 "bad" files from the drive where I installed windows. I tried to boot off of that drive now and I still get the critical error

HONEBADGER1084

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014

Lol I just gave up. I installed linux then installed a windows iso file. There was probably a much simpler way though. Thanks for the advice though. Maybe someone else will see this and it will help them. Thanks again