Icons are gone and can't access properties !

edcavdar

Reputable
Feb 20, 2014
Hey. Everything was fine before I turned off the computer and went to sleep. Now I woke up, turned the computer on and all of the icons are gone. Tried to reset icon cache but no good. I read that maybe I should "re-path" them but the thing is when right click and try to get in to properties nothing happens, like I didnt click on "Properties".And if I right click on empty space above the shortcuts where the icons are supposed to be at,it is like clicking any empty space on Desktop,showing display settings,personalize etc.Here are the screenshots;http://

Solution
Non of them worked but I found another solution on another website which says that disabling shortcut arrows and enabling them again with a sofware called "windows tweaker" will fix it somehow..and it worked. Weird. Thanks anyway !

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you tried restarting PC and see if it goes away? not turn on/off, use the restart option in power

tried running av? that is my 1st answer if something odd happens
does the actual settings menu work?

Its not all icons though as look at right hand corner, the defender/sound/network connections icons still exist.

If you can get to the settings menu from the action bar
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, choose restart PC now

lets try safe mods, see if its the same
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

Are the icons still missing? If not, it may be something loading at start up. See if just restarting PC into normal mode fixes it.

Another choice is run system restore
go into advanced startup again
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore
choose a recent date and PC will roll system settings back to that date and hopefully fix this

edcavdar

Reputable
Feb 20, 2014
Non of them worked but I found another solution on another website which says that disabling shortcut arrows and enabling them again with a sofware called "windows tweaker" will fix it somehow..and it worked. Weird. Thanks anyway !

Solution