MSI geforce gtx 1060 6G gaming problem propably with motherboard

Artlike

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017
Good evening,

Last week i bought new GPU, the problem is that i can't get even into my computer..after i power up my pc the computer is booting BIOS (motherboard) for 2 mins or more and then black screen appears and the monitor turns of as if there weren't any signal from the GPU to the monitor, i tried the old GPU which i have now, MSI gtx 760 and it works fine, but this new 1060 works too i tried it on my friend computer, he have GIGABYTE motherboard too but that MOBO is newer for 1-2 years. The power supply should be fine i have fortron which have 700W, but in case I tried another one but no success, the only thing which left is Motherboard or BIOS i have currently update from 2012 and the newest is 2014 but i readed patch notes and i don't think it would have any impact, so i want to ask, if it's the motherboard which could not be compatabile with the 1060 or it is really older BIOS patch? I don't know already and i don't have any options left, I even had my computer in service where they've done some diagnosis and everything was fine, so they thought that the GPU is defect. But it works well on another PC.

Thank you for future response.

my PC specs:

CPU: i7 3820 with 2011 socket
motherboard: GIGABYTE Ga-x79-up4
power supply: fortron 700W
RAM: 2x 4096 MB (Kingston DDR3)

Your PSU is enough for a GTX760 which pulls more power. The only other possible none defect is bios settings. Try turning on or off legacy, secure boot, fast boot, disable internal graphics, and lastly if your running an overclock disable it for testing.

Artlike

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017
Well i need to get ps/2 keyboard because my USB keyboard don't work at the boot..i guess i have it at the settings that usb is prohibited at the boot(propably fast boot, because it should be default setting) , i wasn't in BIOS for 2 years now, i know for sure that overclock is disabled though..the rest i must find out when i get there..but my biggest question is that if my motherboard is even compatabile? Could that be really BIOS?

Artlike

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017
i've had PC in the repair shop and they've done resetting the bios and clearing cmos, it didn't solved the problem

Artlike

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017
so you're saying i should try VGA? i am using HDMI now, and with HDMI it should work too because when i was trying this GPU on friends computer i tried it with HDMI and it worked well, i have 5 years old monitor from Samsung

Na I'm saying if your monitor only works on anolog the video card will not work. All the current gen video card makers started only outputting a digital signal. Will your friend let you swap out monitors for testing or take your system to your friends to see if works on their monitor.